PARSIPPANY, NJ—Wyndham Hotels & Resorts has plans to open its first hotels in Nepal and Bhutan, while also opening the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dwarka—the first Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham hotel in India.
All three hotels are part of Wyndham’s larger efforts to expand its footprint across the Indian subcontinent and are complemented by additional properties in the region that either recently opened or are slated to open over the next nine months.
Nikhil Sharma, area director, Eurasia, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, said, “Over the last few years, Bhutan and Nepal have seen a steady increase in tourism, making them ideal destinations for us to expand into. What’s more, they perfectly complement the opportunity and uptick of the midscale market in India, which we’ve strengthened today with the introduction of our Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham brand. As the Indian subcontinent continues making waves in the hospitality industry, Wyndham remains laser-focused on tapping into its key markets and fulfilling our mission of making hotel travel possible for all.”
Upcoming hotel openings:
- Ramada by Wyndham Valley Thimpu (Bhutan): Marking Wyndham’s arrival into Bhutan, the Ramada by Wyndham Valley Thimpu will have 41 rooms, including many with panoramic views of the Himalayas. Tucked in the Thimpu valley by the Raidāk River, its location will provide access to events at the Tasichho Dzong, the statue of Buddha Dordenma and the sacred Memorial Chorten site. The hotel is expected to open in March 2021.
- Ramada Encore by Wyndham Kathmandu Thamel (Nepal): Wyndham’s first entry in the Himalayan kingdom of Nepal, the Ramada Encore by Wyndham Kathmandu Thamel is situated in the Thamel district in the capital city of Kathmandu, which has been the center of the tourist industry for more than four decades. The hotel will have 90 guestrooms and is expected to open in August.
- Ramada by Wyndham Mussoorie Mall Road (India): Spread across one acre of land, the Ramada by Wyndham Mussoorie Mall Road will have 45 rooms. The hotel will be located in a hill station destination in Northern India, also referred to as the Queen of the Hills, popular among leisure as well as business travelers. The hotel is expected to open later this month.
Recent 2020 openings:
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dwarka (India): Marking the arrival of the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham brand in the Indian subcontinent, the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dwarka is an eco-spiritual resort with 202 guestrooms and is in close proximity to Dwarkadhish Temple, Dwarka Beach and Gomti Ghat. The property, which opened in April, offers outdoor access with an opportunity to focus on wellness and exploring nature.
- Ramada by Wyndham Aligarh GT Road (India): A new-construction hotel situated in Aligarh, in the western region of Uttar Pradesh state, the Ramada by Wyndham Aligarh GT Road opened in January with 60 guestrooms, lawn space and amenities. The property has access to Aligarh Junction Railway Station and Aligarh Bus Stand.
- Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Pune Hinejwadi (India): Situated along the Pune Bangalore Highway close to Lonavala, Khandala and Lavasa, the Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Pune Hinejwadi opened in March. The hotel has 172 guestrooms and is near attractions and outdoor adventures such as the Aga Khan Palace.