MENLO PARK, CA— Woodside Hotels, an operator of independent luxury hotels, restaurants and spas, has rebranded to Woodside Hotel Group. The company has introduced a new logo and a new name as it enters its 46th year in business. The move comes on the heels of the group’s addition of Harvest Inn in St. Helena to its portfolio of managed hotels and resorts.
“The rebrand to Woodside Hotel Group reflects our commitment to operating one-of-a-kind independent hotels that are very closely tied to their local communities,” said Woodside Hotel Group President/CEO Greg Alden. “As larger hotel brands have continued to consolidate and grow with no slowdown in sight, we believe our carefully selected, unique destinations and locally inspired experiences are more relevant now than ever.”
Operating the largest portfolio of independent hotels in Northern California, Woodside Hotel Group is a collection of 10 hotels and 11 restaurants, according to the company. A privately held, family-run company for more than four decades, the company operates Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa, Stanford Park Hotel, Hotel Drisco, Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa, Bodega Bay Lodge, Napa Valley Lodge, Bernardus Lodge & Spa, Dream Inn, Indian Springs Calistoga, and now, Harvest Inn.
“This rebrand signals a re-doubling of our vision for Woodside Hotel Group—one that embodies approachable luxury paired with authentic hospitality at destination properties that are individually diverse,” said Alden. “We’re incredibly grateful to the loyal guests who have supported us over the years and look forward to continuing to provide them with sincere and unscripted hospitality.”
In addition to its rebranding, the company has had a number of happenings at its properties:
- Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa recently renovated all 290 guestrooms, introduced four enhanced luxury suites, a refreshed lobby and reinvigorated Vista Blue Spa experience. The spa features a newly refreshed rooftop sun deck adjacent to a fireplace. This summer, the hotel will introduce The Terrace, an elevated gathering place with two family-friendly hot tubs, lounge seating and adjacent family suites.
- Stanford Park Hotel’s Menlo Grill Bistro & Bar will undergo a complete renovation, and all guestroom bathrooms will have walk-in showers, double freestanding vanities and improved lighting.
- Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa’s lobby and suites have been completely redesigned and improvements to the pool, spa and guestroom corridors are underway.
- Bodega Bay Lodge will soon unveil its all-new Drakes Fireside lounge, which will have a new outdoor terrace with three fire pits overlooking the bay and Pacific Ocean. The Lodge’s guestrooms are undergoing a complete renovation this year, as well.
- Napa Valley Lodge introduced a completely renovated lobby, reflecting the look and feel of an Italian hideaway, featuring work by local artists in Yountville.
- Bernardus Lodge & Spa recently completed a property-wide restoration, including the addition of 14 suites and villas and Lucia Restaurant & Bar.
- Dream Inn Santa Cruz recently reopened after a renovation that included upgrades to all 165 guestrooms and suites, as well as makeovers of the hotel’s lobby and pool area.
- Indian Springs Calistoga completed a renovation of the three-bedroom Merchant House residence this spring.
- Harvest Inn includes new guestrooms overlooking the Leonardini Vineyard of Whitehall Lane and the Mayacamas Mountains.