BEVERLY HILLS, CA—Got a need for speed? Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills invites guests to experience the local car culture while driving an Aston Martin through the city. The partnership is a match made in heaven for experiential travel enthusiasts.
“Aston Martin aligns perfectly with the Waldorf Astoria brand—both are leaders in defining modern luxury, while also having a rich legacy that makes them truly iconic,” said Peter Bowling, managing director at Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills.
“Because of the synergies between the two brands, the opportunity for collaboration was natural. We created the ‘Live Aston Martin’ suite package at Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills to offer guests a unique experience during their stay—one with an unforgettable dose of adrenaline.”
Drivers, start your engines. There’s a certain romance to cars. They’re sleek, powerful and a great way for travelers and locals alike to experience the open road in a new locale.
“Angelenos love their luxury vehicles and you will often see the newest models outside the hotel,” said Bowling. “[The activation] is suited for the luxury traveler that enjoys experiential travel.”
Available for a limited time, guests can drive the following Aston Martin models:
- The new DB11 grand tourer—the standard bearer for a future generation of Aston Martins, the DB11 is the most powerful and efficient ‘DB’ production model in Aston Martin’s history.
- Aston Martin’s Super GT, the Vanquish S—sharper styling, greater potency and increased athleticism, the Vanquish S evolves a model line that originates from Aston Martin’s legendary Works in Newport Pagnell and served as standard bearer for the brand’s Marque’s sporting and stylistic values since 2001.
The experience doesn’t end once you put the vehicle in park; car lovers staying at the hotel can visit the Aston Martin pop-up store, located in the hotel’s lobby. Once inside, there’s an extensive selection of clothing, accessories, gifts and collectibles. Among them include the following:
- Handmade leather luggage and accessories
- Aston Martin Racing’s informal team wear, including jackets, vests, polos and t-shirts
- Branded goods such as sunglasses, model cars, posters, key rings, baseball hats, backpacks and mugs
The Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills strives to create opportunities for guests to create memories that last a lifetime, noted Bowling.
“In addition, we have the only La Prairie Spa in Los Angeles, and the first Jean-Georges restaurant in California with globally acclaimed chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten overseeing all of our food and beverage programs, so there is never a shortage of guest experiences on property,” he said. “We will continue to partner with like-minded brands to offer our guests the best in travel.”