STAMFORD, CT—Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide’s specialty select brands are set to expand their footprint in Florida with at least nine hotels slated to open in the next three years.
Starwood will reach 30 hotels in the state across its Aloft, Element and Four Points brands by 2019, an increase of more than 40%, according to the company. Aloft is poised to open six new hotels; Four Points will add two more; and Element will add at least one additional hotel. These Florida openings will add depth to Starwood’s specialty select portfolio in Miami and Coral Gables, while debuting in several new markets such as Fort Lauderdale, Gainesville, Aventura and Delray Beach.
“Florida is one the fastest growing markets in North America for Starwood’s specialty select brands, propelled by strong demand for the distinct offerings of Aloft, Four Points and Element in dynamic destinations across the state,” said Brian McGuinness, global brand leader, specialty select brands, Starwood. “By providing an unequivocal guest experience and a unique lifestyle experience, each of these stylish and affordable brands has cultivated a loyal following of travelers in Florida and across the globe.”
The upcoming openings in Florida include:
• In December 2016, the Four Points by Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port will be situated a few minutes from Fort Lauderdale – Hollywood International Airport and Port Everglades Cruise Port.
• The Aloft Coral Gables, scheduled to open in January 2017, will anchor a mixed-use development that will include retail shops and an upscale restaurant.
• Opening in March 2017, the Aloft Miami Airport is an adaptive re-use project that will transform the Pan American Bank Building.
• In 2018, the four-story Aloft Delray Beach will be part of a mixed-use development which will include condominium units, ground floor retail space and a shared 160-space parking garage.
• The 207-room Aloft Aventura Hotel, set to debut in July 2017, will be located between Miami and Fort Lauderdale, in an area with a number of premium golf courses, according to Starwood.
• In October 2017, the Aloft Weston will provide 136 loft-like rooms, 600 sq. ft. of meeting space and W XYZ bar with live music performances.
• Scheduled to open in December 2017, the Element Fort Lauderdale Downtown will be joined by Aloft Fort Lauderdale Downtown, arriving in 2019, as part of a dual-branded hotel development within a new upscale lifestyle center in city’s central business district.