NATIONAL REPORT—Kalibri Labs has released updated data from its COVID-19 Industry Health Dashboard, which is designed to provide critical insights to the hotel community as it weathers the storm of COVID-19.
Among the highlights are the following:
- Through the first third of May, top line U.S. industry metrics of occupancy and Guest Paid ADR change remain relatively consistent with prior weeks results. Occupancy remains at about the 30% level with ADR declines of about 40% at the national level. The company noted that ADR declines are more a function of chain scale mix performance rather than that level of property-level decline.
- By rate category, Rack/bar continues to show the best resilience as weekly improvement in occupancy continues to be seen. Over the past four weeks, the rate of decline in Rack/bar has improved to about 50% up from the 60% declines reported a month ago. To some degree this is due to the effectiveness and strength of the brands’ loyalty programs, which has been a major focus for them over the past several years, the company noted.
- OTA occupancy declines have modified as well, but as a slower rate than Rack/bar.
- Group cancellation remain focused on the summer and early fall, less so toward the end of the year.
- To date, Kalibri Labs has not seen any improvement in airline bookings or web search traffic.