INTERNATIONAL REPORT—Preferred Hotels & Resorts has 23 properties scheduled to launch across the globe in 2019. From a new resort in Indonesia and a bohemian gem in Costa Rica to a stately luxury hotel in the American South and a sustainable retreat in Georgia, these new independent hotels aim to offer service and experiences that reveal the true essence of each destination.
Lelewatu Resort Sumba in Sumba Island, Indonesia — April 2019
In Indonesia’s archipelago, Sumba Island will welcome the debut of Lelewatu Resort Sumba, set on a cliffside overlooking a private lagoon and the Indian Ocean. Scattered over 10 acres of land, the resort’s 27 villas are designed with Sumbanese wooden interiors, handwoven ikat fabrics, indoor marble baths, and private pools.
Can Bordoy Grand House & Garden in Palma de Mallorca, Spain — Dec. 31
Can Bordoy Grand House & Garden, is located in Palma de Mallorca’s Old Quarter. The 24-individually designed suites boast ornate details including velvet curtains, extra-large king-size beds, and freestanding bathtubs.
Hotel Bennett in Charleston, SC — January 2019
Overlooking Marion Square, the Hotel Bennett will comprise 179 luxurious guestrooms and suites, a signature restaurant with views of the park, a bar and lounge with reclaimed pink marble, and a French bakery serving patisserie crafted onsite.
Santarena Hotel in Las Catalinas, Costa Rica — February 2019
Santarena Hotel will offer 45 guestrooms including three suites, a rooftop lounge and swimming pool, and elevated local cuisine focused on sustainability and farm-to-fork dishes. There is also a wealth of wellness and adventure activities on offer such as hiking, mountain biking, kayaking, and scuba diving.
The First Roma Dolce in Rome, Italy — February 2019
The boutique hotel, designed by the visionary architect Giuseppe Valadier, has 23 rooms and suites, with headboard libraries and Saint Laurent marble bathrooms. Many of the suites have balconies, and there are fitness rooms and suites available that offer specialized workout equipment and bespoke personal training sessions. An additional highlight is an Italian Patisserie.
Hotel Samzeo in Omalo, Georgia – May 2019
Omalo, a remote village located between two mountain ranges in Georgia’s historical Tusheti region, attracts hikers and intrepid travelers. Hotel Samzeo will be the first hotel to launch in the region. With 43 rooms, including 10 luxury suites and two apartments, the boutique hotel comprises a restaurant serving traditional cuisine and local wine, a lounge area with cozy wood burning stoves, and a spa.
Hotel EQ, Kuala Lumpur — March 2019
Set in a multi-use 52-story building occupying floors 29-52, the hotel comprises 440 contemporary rooms and offers stylish banquet halls, meeting rooms, and conference facilities, a variety of restaurants, bars serving authentic Pan-Asian and international cuisine, and a rooftop Sky Restaurant and Bespoke Lounge with panoramas of the city.
Other 2019 openings include:
- Atelier Playa Mujeres – Playa Mujeres, Mexico –January 2019
- Estudio Playa Mujeres – Isla Mujeres, Mexico –January 2019
- Garza Blanca Los Cabos – Los Cabos, Mexico –January 2019
- Mystery Hotel Budapest – Budapest, Hungary –January 2019
- The One Palacio de Anunciada – Lisbon, Portugal –March 2019
- Hotel Hendricks – New York – March 2019
- Amerikalinjen – Oslo, Norway –March 2019
- The Kitano Hotel Tokyo – Tokyo – April 2019
- The Greystone – Miami Beach – April 2019
- Encore Boston Harbor – Everett, MA – June 2019
- The Chedi, Mumbai – India – June 2019
- The Laszlo – Parker, Colorado – August 2019
- The Diaoyutai Mansion – Frankfurt, Germany – August 2019
- Paramount Dubai – Dubai – September 2019
- The Daytona Beach Convention Hotel – Daytona Beach, FL – October 2019
- Amrit Resort – Singer Island in Palm Beach, FL – November 2019