INTERNATIONAL REPORT–Preferred Hotels & Resorts added 13 new member hotels from May 1 through Aug. 31. These recent additions mark 39 new member hotels to join the brand’s global portfolio in the first eight months of the year.
Highlights of the new additions include the following:
- Pendry West Hollywood (West Hollywood, CA): Located on the Sunset Strip, Pendry West Hollywood, with interiors by Martin Brudnizki Design Studio, offers 149 guestrooms and 40 residences. Other features include a signature restaurant from Wolfgang Puck; a rooftop pool and bar with cabanas; Spa Pendry offering personalized wellness treatments; a bowling alley; a screening room; and a live music venue.
- Sangha Retreat by Octave Institute (Suzhou, China): Located on the shores of Yangcheng Lake in Suzhou, Sangha Retreat by Octave Institute is a state-of-the-art holistic health and wellness sanctuary designed by Fred Tsao. Combining eastern philosophy and Western science, the 47-acre retreat offers guests a personal wellness journey from the on-site clinic, healing spa and meditation dome to the custom F&B experiences. The property includes 68 lakefront suites and private villas.
- Park Centraal Amsterdam (Amsterdam): Housed in a historic iron foundry dating back to 1864, the newly rebranded Park Centraal Amsterdam offers 189 guestrooms and suites, including the Tower Suite, which offers views of the city and a round bed.
- Azul Talavera Hotel (Puebla, Mexico): Inspired by Puebla’s cultural heritage, Azul Talavera Hotel offers 78 residential-style rooms and suites across two restored antique buildings featuring exposed stonework walls. On-property experiences include cooking classes with local chefs, Mexican wine and tequila tastings, ancient healing treatments at Cobalto Spa and all-day access to a rooftop pool.
- Santa Catalina, a Royal Hideaway Hotel (Las Palmas, Gran Canaria, Spain): Set in the capital of the Canary Islands, the newly renovated 204-room property includes The Royal Suite featuring a private terrace overlooking the Atlantic and palm tree-fringed gardens; two bathrooms including a designer bathtub; and exclusive access to the rooftop infinity pool and wellness studio, complete with Royal Concierge service.
Additional member hotels to join Preferred Hotels & Resorts since May 1 include the following:
- Corso 281 (Rome): Housed in a former 18th century baroque palace, this ultra-boutique hotel with 12 suites is located near Rome’s most popular historic and cultural sites.
- Chicago Silversmith Hotel & Suites (Chicago): Locates in downtown Chicago, the hotel offers 144 guestrooms; a signature restaurant and lounge; and more than 4,400 sq. ft. of meeting space.
- Seawood Hotel, Miyakojima Kurima Resort (Okinawa, Japan): Surrounded by sugar cane and ocean views, the 169-guestroom resort offers a secluded escape on the small island of Kurimajima, midway between Japan and Taiwan.
- General’s Mansion (Xichang, China): Set in Sichuan Province at the easternmost edge of the Tibetan Plateau, this lakeside retreat that was originally built during the Qing Dynasty now offers 25 guestrooms, an infinity pool and two restaurants.
- Galeria Plaza San Jeronimo (Mexico City): Launching in late 2020, the new tech-forward hotel offers 151 rooms and suites, a roof garden and a pool.
- The Drayton Hotel (Savannah, GA): Located a block from the Savannah River, within the walls of the historic American Trust and Bank Building, the property offers 50 guestrooms.
- Beyond by Geisel (Munich): Located on Munich’s Marienplatz Square, the 19-room hotel offers gourmet dining options and the largest suite in the city.
- The Wall Street Hotel (New York): Set in New York’s financial district, the soon-to-open 181-room boutique hotel is owned by the Australian Pearl Farming Company.