NATIONAL REPORT—Whether it’s celebrating an anniversary, receiving an award, earning a certification, debuting a new product or expanding the business, hotel companies and vendors achieve new milestones on a daily basis. Here’s a look at recent accomplishments:
Hotel Equities Celebrates Marriott’s 2018 Select Brand Award Winners
Hotel Equities (HE), celebrates 15 Marriott award winners from the firm’s portfolio of hotels. The Marriott Select Brand Awards recently recognized achievements of industry-best team members, strong managers and top-performing hotels. Winners are selected based on financial performance, guest satisfaction, quality assurance results and nominations:
- The Courtyard-Tampa Northwest/Veterans Expressway, FL was recognized as Opening Hotel of the Year for the Courtyard brand.
- The Residence Inn-Atlanta Perimeter Center/Dunwoody, GA was recognized with the Platinum Circle Award. The hotel’s GM Joe Fallis and Director of Sales Susan Zuppardo also received the Most INNspiring Story of the Year.
- The Fairfield-Charleston North/University Area, SC received the Children’s Miracle Network Hospital Award for highest amount raised overall and highest revenue per room. Additionally, the hotel’s Front Desk Manager Artasia Kinlaw was named Fairfield Department Manager of the Year.
- The Courtyard-Dallas Midlothian, TX was awarded the Silver Circle Award recognizing them among the top 20% for Intent to Recommend scores.
- The following hotels were awarded the Silver Hotel Award: Fairfield-Scottsbluff, NE; Fairfield-Holiday/Tarpon Springs, FL; Fairfield-Tacoma DuPont, WA; Fairfield-Charleston North/University Area, SC; Fairfield-Edmonton North, AB, Canada. Additionally, Jessica Mendoza, front desk agent at the Fairfield-Edmonton North, AB, Canada, was named Fairfield’s Associate of the Year.
- Four Points-Houston Energy Corridor, TX was recognized for Highest GSS scores for Room Cleanliness and Maintenance and Upkeep.
IHG Named Hotel & Hotel Loyalty Partner of the U.S. Open Tennis Championships
IHG Hotels & Resorts has a new partnership that names the global brand as the official hotel and hotel loyalty partner for the U.S. Open Tennis Championships. The multi-year agreement, commencing with the 2019 U.S. Open, also includes sponsorship of the Western & Southern Open in Cincinnati, part of the U.S. Open Series. Guests and IHG Rewards Club members gain access to exclusive U.S. Open experiences and opportunities to experience the brands on site at the USTA National Tennis Center in Flushing Meadows, Queens, NY, during the tournament.
GuestMagic.AI by InnSpire Becomes 2019 HTNG TechOvation Winner
HTNG has named GuestMagic.AI by InnSpire the 2019 HTNG TechOvation Award Winner at the HT-NEXT Awards Program in New Orleans. GuestMagic.AI is an online AI-driven platform for hoteliers that uses machine learning to anticipate the next step of the guests to deliver the right service at the right time. It’s device-agnostic.
Forbes Releases America’s Best Midsize Employers
Forbes recently came out with its America’s Best Midsize Employers rankings. In collaboration with analytics firm Statista, Forbes selected America’s Best Employers based on an independent survey from a vast sample of more than 50,000 U.S. employees working for companies employing at least 1,000 people in their U.S. operations. Among the rankings were TripAdvisor (#1), Choice Hotels International (#193), RLH Corporation (#253), Best Western International (#352) among others.
The surveys were administered in a series of online panels and provide a representative sample of the U.S. workforce. All the surveys were anonymous, allowing participants to openly share their opinions. The respondents were asked to rate, on a scale of zero to 10, how likely they’d be to recommend their employer to others. Statista then asked respondents to nominate organizations in industries outside their own. The final midsize list ranks the 500 employers that received the most recommendations.
White Lodging Named One of Gallup’s Great Workplaces
White Lodging was honored with the Gallup Great Workplace Award for the second consecutive year. Only 40 companies from across the globe are designated with the honor in 2019, and White Lodging is the only U.S.-based hospitality company on the list. The award was created to recognize organizations for their extraordinary ability to create engaged workplace cultures that drive business outcomes.