INTERNATIONAL REPORT—Whether it’s celebrating an anniversary, receiving an award, earning a certification, debuting a new product or expanding the business, hotel companies and vendors achieve new milestones on a daily basis. Here’s a look at recent accomplishments:
Best Western Named AAA/CAA 2019 Lodging Partner of the Year
Best Western Hotels & Resorts (BWHR) has been named AAA/CAA’s 2019 Lodging Partner of the Year, marking the 11th consecutive time that it has won the accolade. In addition, the company earned “Best in Travel Agency Support” and “Best in Member Service” awards in the lodging categories. The awards were presented on Oct. 21, at the 2019 AAA/CAA Travel Conference awards dinner, held in Seattle.
AAA/CAA asks stakeholders from across North America each year to vote on the awards. For more than a decade, BWHR has risen due to the company’s commitment to providing service and value to AAA/CAA’s nearly 60 million members in the U.S. and Canada.
Through this partnership, AAA/CAA members can enjoy a discount of up to 15% on room rates at any BWHR hotels in North America when they join the AAA Preferred Best Western Rewards Program. These AAA/CAA members will receive an automatic Gold status upgrade and earn 10 points for every U.S. dollar spent on qualified hotel room rates, as well as access to benefits.
Quore CapEx Tool Helps Hotel Management Companies Save Time, Money
Quore, a provider of workforce communication and engineering/housekeeping management technologies, has a tool that is helping multi-property management companies make better financial decisions by staying on top of all property-level capital requests. The CapEx app customizes and automates the flow of approved expenses for increased efficiency. The tool—tied to the hotel inventory within Quore—also makes it easy to track warranty information on inventory assets, giving management an accurate budgetary forecast on any items that might need replacing over time.
Within the Quore CapEx app hoteliers can:
- Segment CapEx requests by type (emergency or budgeted)
- Forecast using Future Request
- Manage the customizable approval flow by type, title and final approver
- Streamline capital requests within the approval flow by ensuring that only designated employees can approve pre-specified amounts
- Tie CapEx requests to inventory items already within Quore
- Include bids for work required from external vendors
Mindtree Wins 2019 ISG Star of Excellence Award
Mindtree, a global technology services and digital transformation company, has been named the winner of the 2019 ISG Star of Excellence Award, an industry recognition program that ranks providers on the quality of their services based on direct feedback from enterprise clients. Mindtree achieved the highest cumulative client experience score for the quality of its core technology services. In addition to this global award, Mindtree also ranked second in the Emerging Tech category, was recognized as the regional winner in North America and Asia Pacific, as well as for achieving the top score for its application development and maintenance (ADM) services.
Mindtree’s overall key strengths cited by customers:
- People and Collaboration
- Innovating and Execution
- Customer Loyalty
- Strategic Partners
Tripleseat Drives Event Leads with Venues by Tripleseat Event Spaces Website
Tripleseat, the web-based sales and event management platform for hotels, restaurants and unique venues, adds new features to its Venues by Tripleseat website. Venues brings a new competitive advantage to Tripleseat customers by providing the most user- friendly experience to thousands of corporate event planners and people searching for a venue to host their next event. Venues is a popular destination for people looking for a venue to host an event and the new updates make it both easier and faster for event planners to find exactly what they’re looking for. Some of the new features:
- Top event destinations: Includes top cities with the greatest number of listings in the largest markets
- Visuals of the event space and detailed listings: Find all venue details, from basic information to amenities and cuisine type, directly on the venue listing
- Intelligent Search: Find venues for events by searching on the criteria that matter the most
- Custom blog posting: Write and post your own blog posts directly from Venues to increase traffic to listings
Allbridge Ranked in N.C. Mid-Market Fast 40
Allbridge, an integrator of data, video and voice solutions for hospitality, healthcare and higher education properties nationwide, is included the list of 2019 N.C. Mid-Market Fast 40 companies. Allbridge ranked 16th on the list that recognizes the top mid-size companies across the state based on revenue and employment growth.
Business North Carolina and Cherry Bekaert LLP, in conjunction with Regions Bank, and Ward and Smith, P.A. host the ninth annual award program. In order to be eligible for the list, companies must have met the following criteria:
- Be headquartered in the state of North Carolina
- Be a commercial enterprise, not a non-profit
- Be either privately owned or publicly traded
- Have net annual revenue in the range of $10-$500 million
- Demonstrate sustained revenue and employment growth over the past three years