Masterpiece Estate hosts will characterize the heritage of each estate and will be experts in country life. The host will be the guests’ personal guide throughout a stay, arranging and accompanying activities. The Masterpiece Estate experience will offer tailor-made dining options, a range of activities and the service and surroundings guests would expect from an Oetker Collection property, according to the company.
Each Masterpiece Estate has been carefully selected by Oetker Collection for its privacy, location and individual history. Oetker Collection has unveiled the first three properties to join the new Masterpiece Estates collection, all in the U.K.
Glen Affric Estate is sited centrally within the Scottish Highlands. The Victorian Lodge and Stable Cottage are set on the shores of Loch Affric, surrounded by 10,000 acres of wilderness.
- Dining: breakfast, lunch, tea, dinner and picnics prepared by the chef using local produce
- Transport: to and from Inverness airport in the Estate’s vehicles
- Activities: walks on the hill and around the Loch, mountain biking, hill stalking (stags and hinds, subject to seasons), clay pigeon shooting, seasonal fishing, pony and horse trekking, kayaks, sailing, wind surfing, paddle boarding, racing sculls, beauty treatments and massages with a resident beauty therapist, local whisky and gin tasting
- Extras: Glen Affric will also cater for additional activities including golfing days, partridge game shoots (seasonal), music nights, vintage whisky tasting, executive transport (limousines, private airplanes and helicopters), event organizers, babysitting service and children’s parties.
Farleigh House sits at the heart of a 4,000-acre estate down an ancient tree-lined avenue. The house, set back from the road and hidden by woodland, is an English home in the Hampshire countryside.
- Dining: breakfast, lunch, tea, dinner and picnics using local produce and prepared by a Michelin-starred chef
- Activities: exclusive use of the Estate’s gardens, croquet lawn, film room, billiard room, swimming pool with terrace and outside dining, tennis court and access to the 4,000 acres of estate land
- Extras: Farleigh Wallop will also cater for additional activities including clay pigeon shooting, stalking and pheasant and partridge shoots (seasonal), local fly fishing, foraging, horse riding, golfing days, tennis and swimming lessons, tours of historical Winchester and Jane Austen country, archery, go-karting, ice skating, music nights, wine and gin tasting, beauty treatments, event organizers, babysitting service and children’s parties.
Hound Lodge at Goodwood was formerly the kennels for the foxhounds of the Goodwood Hunt when it was revived in Victorian times. This 10-bedroom sporting lodge has undergone a restoration and refurbishment.
Included within the stay, The Goodwood Hotel offers leisure facilities with an indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi, 36-station gym and dance studio with a variety of classes and flood-lit tennis courts. Other activities include a tour of Goodwood House, a visit to The Cass Sculpture Foundation or a Gin Trolley Experience and in-room Elemental Herbology treatments.