PHOENIX—Harry Javer, producer and founder of The Lodging Conference, revealed that Patrick H. Ford, chairman, CEO and founder of Lodging Econometrics (LE) and New England Hotel Realty (NEHR), has been selected as the recipient of the 2018 Lifetime Achievement Award. The award will be presented at The Lodging Conference on Sept. 25.
The award recognizes an individual who has provided outstanding, lifelong contributions to the hospitality industry.
Past recipients include the following:
- Minaz Abji, EVP, Host Hotels & Resorts
- Jack DeBoer, chairman, Value Place
- John Q. Hammons, founder, chairman and CEO, John Q. Hammons Hotels & Resorts
- Michael Leven, president and COO, Las Vegas Sands Corp.
- Joe McInerney, president & CEO, McInerney Hospitality International
- Leland C. Pillsbury, co-chairman & CEO, Thayer Lodging Group
- Hasmukh (H.P.) Rama, CEO & chairman of the board, JHM Hotels
- Randy Smith, chairman and founder, STR
- Jonathan M. Tisch, co-chairman of the board and a member of the Office of the President of Loews Corporation, and chairman and CEO of its subsidiary, Loews Hotels & Co.
In a career spanning more than 50 years, Ford began his career with the Dunfey Hotel Company, the predecessor to the Omni Hotel Company, where he spent 20 years in a variety of operational and executive roles.
In 1995, at the start of the lodging franchise boom, and at the urging of a number of hotel companies and Wall Street investment firms, he founded Lodging Econometrics (LE) to compile lodging development and transaction data for the U.S.
Shortly thereafter, LE positioned away from solely being a data provider toward being a lodging sales and marketing specialty, providing a variety of customized new hotel construction and supply side databases, and trend line and forecast reports that assist development teams in growing their business within the lodging industry.
Today, Lodging Econometrics is led by Ford’s sons, Timothy, JP and Bruce, and has also provided employment opportunities for a number of third-generation family members, according to the organization.
“I’m delighted to be selected for the prestigious 2018 Lifetime Achievement Award and to be counted among the prominent roster of former award winners. It has been a pleasure to spend my over 50-year career as part of the lodging industry and, in particular, to have played a part in the unprecedented global expansion of the industry over the last 25 years. It’s been an exciting time,” said Ford.
“This distinction is all about visionary leadership, and there is no one who has provided more insight into the hospitality industry than Pat,” said Javer.
“Lodging Econometrics is the go-to industry source for franchise companies, ownership and management groups, and lodging vendors who rely on timely intelligence on new-construction, renovation and conversion opportunities and for transaction trends in every region, country and market worldwide. Pat is the embodiment of outstanding achievement,” he said.