NATIONAL REPORT—Kalibri Labs has released updated data from its COVID-19 Industry Health Dashboard, which is designed to provide critical insights to the hotel community as it weathers the storm of COVID-19.
Among the highlights are the following:
- The impact and recovery is still most negatively felt on the coasts of the U.S. where the pandemic has been most heavily absorbed.
- Overall occupancy in the U.S. is showing a modest WoW improvement trend with ADR relatively flat. There is much anticipation to see how the summer months and easing restrictions will accelerate growth.
- Rack/BAR is currently showing the fastest recovery curve of any rate category with OTA + Promotion/Loyalty Member Rates trailing close behind. This indicates there is demand from transient business that is available for direct marketing. Web search traffic, however, is accelerating faster for third-party intermediaries than the brand sites.
- Net airlines purchases, particularly to transportation hubs (e.g. Dallas, Los Angeles, Atlanta) are starting to show consistent WoW incremental % gains. Travel is trending positive across all major markets.
- Group and Corporate business continues to lag, and probably will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.
- Hotel closings, as an overall trend, continue to decline as more properties are reopening.