NATIONAL REPORT—Kalibri Labs has released updated data from its COVID-19 Industry Health Dashboard, which is designed to provide critical insights to the hotel community as it weathers the storm of COVID-19.
Among the highlights are the following:
- Through the first half of May, top line U.S. industry metrics of occupancy and guest paid ADR change remain relatively flat from the previous several weeks, with occupancy remaining at about the 30% level with ADR declines of about 40% at the national level.
- Rack/BAR continues to show the most signs of potential life, however slight they may be. This rate category continues to hold roughly -40% occupancy year-over-year change, with ADR showing a positive 30-day trend from its trough.
- OTA bookings continue to hold relatively flat WoW occupancy. Guest paid ADR continues to rise: roughly 20% in the last 30-day period.
- Group cancellation continues to remain focused on the summer and early fall— less so toward the end of the year.
- Airline bookings continue to remain flat, with no discernible uptick in the Georgia or Texas airports. This may indicate that drive-to business is the primary engine of current demand.