NATIONAL REPORT—Kalibri Labs has released updated data from its COVID-19 Industry Health Dashboard, which is designed to provide critical insights to the hotel community as it weathers the storm of COVID-19.
Among the highlights are the following:
- With the July 4th holiday weekend acting as a catalyst, occupancy and ADR continued on an upward WoW trend across all rate categories.
- Rack/BAR experienced a sizable increase in demand week over week. This is most likely attributable to the holiday weekend demand.
- Net Airlines Tickets Purchased continues to trend negative in most major markets, as well as the U.S. as a whole. The uncertainty with case spikes and potential rollback of business restrictions is most likely impacting future travel purchases.
- For most major sites, search continues to be relatively strong. This indicates a high degree of pent-up demand.
- Group cancellation rates continue to grow through the rest of 2020.