NATIONAL REPORT—Kalibri Labs has released updated data from its COVID-19 Industry Health Dashboard, which is designed to provide critical insights to the hotel community as it weathers the storm of COVID-19.
Among the highlights are the following:
- Overall U.S. demand, while showing incremental improvement from the low point of the downturn, has yet to show a clear, consistent growth trend week over week.
- Rack/BAR, OTA and Promotion + Loyalty Member Rate continue to be the demand categories showing movement. However, in line with U.S. overall, there has not been consistent growth patterns to observe.
- Group block cancellations continue to push into Q3 and Q4 of 2020.
- While most major U.S. markets continue to show some modest growth, overall U.S. airline ticket purchases were down compared to the previous week. This might indicate concern over potential reimplementation of social distancing and travel restrictions in the future.
- Expedia continues to lead the way in capturing organic search traffic. This continues to indicate that there are marketing opportunities available from a brand/reach perspective.
- Hotel closures continue to de-escalate.