INTERNATIONAL REPORT—InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) has signed 10 new deals under seven of its brands in Western China. The 10 hotels will span several different tiered cities and destinations in Sichuan, Chongqing, Shaanxi, Yunnan, Gansu and Guizhou Province.
Enjoying great opportunities brought by policies like the Belt and Road Initiative, the cities’ economies continue to boom with the acceleration of urbanization, as well as the upgrading of transportation and other supporting facilities, the company reports. According to hotel and tourism consultancy firm Horwath HTL, market expectations for the overall performance of the hotel sector in Western China have risen significantly in recent years.
Catering for different needs and occasions, the 10 hotels sit under brands spanning luxury, upscale and midscale segments. These include established brands that have enjoyed a leading position in the Chinese market for many years, as well as recently introduced ones that reflect the latest market trends. Meanwhile, in addition to management contracts, IHG’s mainstream business model in China, the signings also feature a Holiday Inn Express deal under IHG’s Franchise Plus model tailored for the Chinese market.
- InterContinental Chengdu Shawan is located in northern Chengdu, Sichuan Province. With midscale and upper-midscale hotels currently dominating the area, it is expected to fill the gap of luxury products. InterContinental Chengdu North will be the third InterContinental hotel in the city.
- Hualuxe Guiyang Financial City is located in the northern Guiyang Financial City. Hualuxe Hotels & Resorts is the first-ever upscale international hotel brand designed specifically for Chinese consumers.
- Crowne Plaza Mianyang High-Tech Zone is situated on the main road of Mianyang City in Sichuan Province, known as the “Silicon Valley in Western China.”
- Hotel Indigo Puzhehei is the first international branded hotel in the Puzhehei Scenic Area in Yunnan Province.
- Hotel Indigo Jiuzhai is located close to the entrance of Zhongzha Valley, west of the Jiuzhaigou Natural Reserve in Sichuan Province.
- Even Hotel Chongqing Central Park is located in Yubei District of Chongqing next to the Central Park.
- Even Hotel Xi’an High-Tech Zone is located on the 32nd to 38th floors of a 2,100-sq.-ft. tall building.
- Holiday Inn & Suites Lanzhou Centre will also be the first extended-stay hotel in the city.
- Holiday Inn Express Guilin High-Tech Zone is located in the High-Tech Zone of Guilin, Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region.
- Holiday Inn Express Meishan Dongpo sits on the higher floors of the landmark Chunxi Sq., and is signed under the Franchise Plus model that IHG tailored for its Holiday Inn Express brand in China.