INTERNATIONAL REPORT—Initially launched in the U.S., Even Hotels currently welcomes wellness-minded travelers at 11 open properties in cities such as New York City, Miami and Seattle, with an additional 24 properties currently under development globally.
Julienne Smith, SVP, development, IHG, said, “Our Even Hotels brand continues to be a highly differentiated product for owners developing in diverse markets to tap into the rapidly growing global health and wellness travel segment. We know that wellness is more than a trend; it is a way of life for millions of consumers. Even Hotels will continue to thrive wherever travelers seek an upscale hotel experience by empowering our guests to prioritize staying well and being balanced on their terms while they travel.”
Noble Investment Group, a longtime IHG owner, was an early adopter of the Even Hotels brand and opened the dual-branded Even Hotel/Staybridge Suites —Seattle Downtown—Lake Union in April 2019.
Mit Shah, CEO, Noble, said, “Since opening, the Even Hotel has been a valuable part of our owned hotel portfolio due to its urban location in the South Lake Union market of Seattle. The hotel is proving to be a highly sought after product and experience in this top tier market with guests who prioritize fitness and wellness. IHG is highly engaged with the Noble team and is very focused on our long-term relationship and the success of our investment. We look forward to continuing to participate in the EVEN Hotels brand growth and being a part of its success.”
Even Hotels properties recently opened and currently under development across the U.S.:
- Even Hotels Pittsburgh Downtown—Now welcoming guests, the 160-room hotel occupies two floors in the historic Kaufmann’s building, located in downtown Pittsburgh and close to major corporate offices, as well as PPG Place, Pittsburgh’s theatre district and the David L. Lawrence Convention Center. The hotel is owned by Reception Hotels & Resorts and The Melohn Group.
- Even Hotels Ann Arbor—The 107-room hotel is now welcoming guests and located close to the University of Michigan. Ann Arbor is a national tech hub, and the hotel is in close proximity to various biotechnology, healthcare, consumer product and technology companies. The hotel is owned by Graham Hotel System.
- Even Hotels Alpharetta—Avalon Area—The new-build 132-room hotel is located near historic Alpharetta, GA, just north of Atlanta, and will begin accepting guests this month. The property is adjacent to the Avalon mixed-use development with shops and restaurants. The hotel is owned by Epelboim, owners of the Even Hotel Miami – Airport and the under-construction Even Cobb Galleria, also near Atlanta.
- Even Hotels Long Island City—The new-build 65-room hotel will be in Long Island City, NY one of the fastest-growing neighborhoods in New York City. The hotel is serviced by eight subway lines and is close to major attractions, restaurants and shops. The property is expected to open in mid-2020 and is owned by Royal One Real Estate II LLC.
- Even Hotels Shenandoah—The Woodlands—The new-build 120-room hotel will be located in Shenandoah, TX, north of The Woodlands, one of Houston’s premier corporate, retail and residential areas. Expected to open in late 2020, the Even Hotel Shenandoah—The Woodlands is owned by Flourish Hospitality.
- Even Hotels Rochester—Mayo Clinic—The 250-room hotel will be a new-build, dual-branded 134-room Even Hotel and 116-room Staybridge Suites. The property will be the first Even to open in a major medical-driven market, located directly across from the Saint Mary’s Campus of the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN. Expected to open in mid-2021, the hotel is owned by Napean Capital Group and EKN Development Group and managed by Western States Lodging.
- Even Hotels Denver Tech Center-Englewood—The 92-room hotel is located outside of Denver, in close proximity to the Denver Tech Center and Inverness Business park, home to major businesses. Expected to open early 2020, the hotel is owned by Banyan Lane Holdings LLC.