LONDON—InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) and Mr & Mrs Smith, travel club and boutique hotel specialists, have entered into an exclusive loyalty partnership.
From early next year, IHG Rewards Club members will be able to earn and redeem points at more than 500 handpicked Mr & Mrs Smith hotels in new and iconic locations when booking through IHG’s direct channels (including IHG.com and IHG mobile app).
This exclusive partnership will more than double the number of luxury and boutique hotels that members can choose from, complementing IHG’s luxury and boutique portfolio of hotels and resorts across Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas, Regent Hotels & Resorts, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants and Hotel Indigo.
IHG Rewards Club members will be able to earn and redeem points across hundreds of luxury and boutique hotels around the world, including Jasper Conran’s self-styled riad hideaway L’Hôtel Marrakech; 18th-century organic Tuscan estate Borgo Pignano; high-in-the-Himalayas retreat The Kumaon; and the Old Rectory on South Africa’s famed Garden Route. IHG’s most loyal members can expect free room upgrades whenever available and a free gift, called a Smith Extra, on arrival at each Mr & Mrs Smith hotel.
Claire Bennett, CMO, IHG, commented: ”IHG’s exclusive partnership with Mr & Mrs Smith illustrates the truly transformative travel we bring to our IHG Rewards Club members. This loyalty partnership will allow our most loyal guests to discover even more of the world with the most incredible and inspiring luxury rewards.
“By bringing this spectacular collection of award-winning hotels to our direct booking channels, this partnership means members can earn and redeem points in some of the world’s most sought-after destinations—the perfect complement to IHG’s growing luxury and boutique hotel portfolio, which includes InterContinental Hotels & Resorts and Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas,” she continued.
Founded in 2003, Mr & Mrs Smith is a “Travel Club for Hotel Lovers,” offering a carefully curated collection of more than 1,200 boutique and luxury properties in more than 80 countries. Mr & Mrs Smith’s high-tech, high-touch approach to business enables deep relationships with its boutique hotel partners and onward distribution of its inventory to more travel-savvy guests.
Tamara Lohan MBE, COO & co-founder, Mr & Mrs Smith, commented: ”We conceived Mr & Mrs Smith for discerning travelers who want to discover truly extraordinary places with the people they love. We are hugely excited about the opportunity to bring our growing collection of carefully curated boutique and luxury hotels to millions of IHG Rewards Club loyalty members, so they may join our members in experiencing some of the world’s most seductive hotels.”
These are the key highlights of IHG’s loyalty partnership with Mr & Mrs Smith:
- From early 2020, IHG Rewards Club members will have the opportunity to earn and redeem points during qualified stays at more than 500 luxury and boutique Mr & Mrs Smith properties.
- IHG Rewards Club is one of the world’s largest hotel loyalty programs, with more than 100 million enrolled members.
- IHG Rewards Club points can be earned and redeemed at participating Mr & Mrs Smith hotels booked through IHG’s direct channels only.
- The partnership gives IHG’s members more choice in where to go, with the addition of Mr & Mrs Smith properties in 14 countries where IHG doesn’t currently have open hotels.
- IHG’s most loyal guests, including InterContinental Ambassadors and Kimpton Inner Circle members, will enjoy a free Smith Extra such as a bottle of champagne, picnic hamper or 30-minute massage on arrival at every Mr & Mrs Smith hotel, as well as automatic room upgrades whenever available.
- Elite IHG Rewards Club members will receive their tier Bonus Points on eligible room rates (10% Gold Elite, 50% Platinum Elite, 100% Spire Elite).