- CHICAGO—Hyatt brands are growing in the U.S. with developments across the country. Here are the recent projects from Hyatt Centric, Hyatt Place and Hyatt House:
Hyatt Centric to Grow U.S. Portfolio
Hyatt Hotels Corporation is growing its Hyatt Centric brand portfolio in the U.S., including development plans to build Hyatt Centric hotels in downtown Memphis, TN; downtown Nashville, TN; and downtown Austin. The Hyatt Centric brand currently has 26 properties across 11 countries, including Chile, France, India, Japan, Spain and more.
The 227-room Hyatt Centric Beale Street will be developed through a joint venture between affiliates of Hyatt and Carlisle Hotels Inc. The hotel will be developed within Carlisle’s One Beale Street mixed-use project, to be located at the intersection of Beale St. and Front St., close to the Mississippi River and Riverside Dr. In addition to 227 guestrooms, the hotel will have a rooftop lounge, restaurant, bar, fitness center, open-air courtyard with an outdoor swimming pool and fire pit, plus more than 14,000 sq. ft. of meeting and event space. Hotel construction is slated to begin in the second quarter of 2019, with an anticipated opening date by the end of 2020. Local Memphis design house, HBG Design, has been engaged for the hotel project.
Hyatt also entered a joint venture with C. B. Ragland of Nashville to develop Hyatt Centric Downtown Nashville, a 252-room new-build with a restaurant, bar, amenity deck with a rooftop pool, 4,500 sq. ft. of meeting and event space and 4,000 sq. ft. of leasable retail space. Expected to open in Q2 2021, the hotel will be managed by Hyatt. Hyatt Centric Downtown Nashville will be located within the entertainment district of Music City.
The 233-room Hyatt Centric hotel in downtown Austin will be a new-build, wholly owned by Hyatt. Centrally located on Congress St., the hotel is expected to open in mid-2020 and will be near the State of Texas capitol building.
These developments are in addition to recently revealed Hyatt Centric hotels in Los Angeles’ Koreatown neighborhood, near Rittenhouse Square in Philadelphia and near downtown Portland, OR. Further expanding the Hyatt Centric brand’s global footprint, these developments will join newly opened hotels in Midtown Atlanta; Bangalore, India; Goa, India; Lima, Peru; Brickell, Miami; and Santiago, Chile.
Hyatt Select-Service Expected to Expand Southeast Footprint by 20% Through 2021
Due to an increase in business travelers, Hyatt has expanded its select-service brands—Hyatt Place and Hyatt House—from primarily suburban and secondary into key urban and international locations over time. With more than 110 hotels in the Southeast region alone, including the recent openings of Hyatt Place Florence/Downtown and Hyatt Place Greenville/Downtown in South Carolina and Hyatt Place Jacksonville/St. Johns Town Center and Hyatt Place Sandestin at Grand Boulevard in Florida, the brand presence is growing.
Highlights of expected openings in the region include:
- Hyatt House Mount Pleasant-Midtown (SC), 128 guestrooms, March 2019
- Hyatt Place Mount Pleasant Towne Center (SC), 92 guestrooms, April 2019
- Hyatt House Augusta/Downtown (GA), 104 guestrooms, April 2019
- Hyatt House Orlando/International Drive (FL), 175 guestrooms, 2019
- Hyatt Place Huntsville (AL), 131 guestrooms, summer 2019
- Hyatt Place Atlanta/Centennial Park, 175 guestrooms, Early 2020
- Hyatt House Atlanta/Alpharetta/Avalon, 128 guestrooms, Early 2021
- Hyatt House Orlando / Lake Buena Vista (FL), 110 guestrooms, Early 2021
- Hyatt House Tallahassee Capitol—University (FL), 120 guestrooms, Early 2021
- Hyatt Place New Smyrna Beach (FL), 114 guestrooms, Early 2021
Along with the select-service pipeline, Hyatt expects openings for a handful of other brands in the region, including Thompson South Beach in Florida and the expansion of Wild Dunes in South Carolina.