CHICAGO—Hyatt and Small Luxury Hotels of the World have officially launched their strategic loyalty alliance, giving World of Hyatt members an opportunity to earn and redeem points and enjoy on-property benefits in more than 50 locations around the world for stays starting on Dec. 6. The exclusive relationship will help expand World of Hyatt engagement for members in more places globally, as additional SLH properties are expected to join the program throughout the rest of 2018 and into 2019.
This includes many new locations where Hyatt has limited distribution, such as Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa; Byblos Art Hotel Villa Amista; Pangkor Laut Resort; San Antonio; and Dukes London.
Furthermore, given the diversity and caliber of the SLH portfolio, Hyatt has added an eighth award chart category to its membership benefit structure that will allow World of Hyatt members to book participating SLH properties around the world for 40,000 points. Some SLH properties will fall into this new eighth category on the award chart, but not all. As more SLH hotels join the World of Hyatt loyalty program, the company will be closely evaluating each property to determine the most suitable award category.
Beginning Nov. 29, World of Hyatt members can book participating SLH boutique, luxury properties through Hyatt channels, and will be able to earn and redeem points and enjoy on-property member benefits for stays starting Dec. 6., including the following:
Earning and Redemption:
- World of Hyatt members earn 5 Base Points per $1 spent on eligible room revenue.
- World of Hyatt members will receive their standard tier Bonus Points on eligible room revenue spend (10% Discoverist, 20% Explorist, 30% Globalist).
- Qualifying nights at SLH hotels will count toward earning World of Hyatt elite-tier status.
- World of Hyatt members can redeem points to use for free night awards on SLH hotel reservations; each SLH property has been categorized into Hyatt’s existing hotel award chart, which includes a new Category 8 at 40,000 points.
Participating SLH properties will provide the following on-property benefits to all World of Hyatt members:
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Daily Complimentary Continental Breakfast
- Room Upgrade (one category at check-in if available)
- Early check-in (noon, based upon availability at check-in)
- Late check-out (2:00pm, based upon availability at check-in)