Hyatt Hotels Corporation has officially opened its 1,000th hotel worldwide, Alila Napa Valley in St. Helena, CA.
Founder Jay Pritzker purchased the first Hyatt hotel in 1957 with a new vision for hospitality, built around people. Since then, Hyatt’s purpose to care for people so they can be their best has driven groundbreaking hotel designs, World of Hyatt guest loyalty program and strategic brand acquisitions. Today, this milestone reinforces Hyatt’s continued commitment to intentional growth in places that matter most to guests, members, customers and owners, the company reports.
Alila Napa Valley, the Alila brand’s second property in the Americas, is a 68-room adults-only restorative retreat is surrounded by the Home Vineyards of the Beringer Estate and features an outdoor pool overlooking adjacent vineyards and distant mountains, a seasonally driven restaurant and bar with a local, sustainable menu and Spa Alila and fitness center with customized treatments.
“Hyatt’s thoughtful journey to 1,000 hotels has been grounded in listening, growing and innovating along the way to meet guest, member, customer and owner needs,” said Jim Chu, EVP of global franchising and development for Hyatt. “Today, we remain focused on expanding our global footprint and building our business based on where we can best extend care and make a positive impact on our guests and the communities in which we operate. With a strong pipeline of new openings and developments, Hyatt continues to offer differentiated experiences that will cater to the growing demand for leisure destinations our guests are seeking as they get back to travel.”
In 2021, Hyatt plans to welcome several properties to its portfolio in key global markets.
- Alila Marea Beach Resort Encinitas (130 guestrooms) in Encinitas, CA
- Alila Dalit Bay (152 guestrooms) in Sabah, Malaysia
- Alila Hinu Bay (112 guestrooms) in Salalah, Oman
- Andaz Bali (149 guestrooms) in Bali, Indonesia
Destination by Hyatt
- Banyan Cay Resort & Golf (190 guestrooms) in West Palm Beach, FL
- The Seabird Resort (226 guestrooms) in Oceanside, CA.
- The Shay (148 guestrooms) in Culver City, CA
- Sweetgrass Inn at Wild Dunes Resort (153 guestrooms) in Isle of Palms, SC
- Grand Hyatt Kuwait (303 guestrooms) in Kuwait City, Kuwait
- Hyatt Centric Beale Street Memphis (227 guestrooms) in Memphis, TN
- Additional Hyatt Centric hotels expected to open in destinations globally in 2021: Cambridge, England; Charlotte, NC; Denver; Dubai; Melbourne, Australia; Nashville, TN; Sacramento, CA; Antiguo Cuscatlan, El Salvador
Hyatt House/Hyatt Place
- Hyatt House Scottsdale-North and Hyatt Place Scottsdale-North (229 combined guestrooms) in Scottsdale, AZ
- Hyatt House LAX/Century Blvd and Hyatt Place LAX/Century Blvd (401 combined guestrooms) in LA
- Hyatt Place Kyoto (239 guestrooms) in Kyoto, Japan
- Hyatt Place Montreal Downtown (353 guestrooms) in Montreal
- Hyatt Place New York Chelsea (510 guestrooms) in New York
- Hyatt Place St. Augustine/Vilano Beach (124 guestrooms) in St. Augustine, FL
- Hyatt Regency JFK at Resorts World New York (400 guestrooms) in New York
- Hyatt Regency Koh Samui (139 guestrooms) in Koh Samui, Thailand
- Hyatt Regency Zurich Airport The Circle (255 guestrooms) in Zurich, Switzerland
JdV by Hyatt
- El Capitan Hotel (114 guestrooms) in Merced, CA
- Mission Pacific Hotel (161 guestrooms) in Oceanside, CA
- The Anndore House (113 guestrooms) in Toronto
- The Walper Hotel (92 guestrooms) in Toronto
- Additional JdV by Hyatt hotels expected to open in 2021 include Story Hotel Riddargatan (82 guestrooms) and Story Hotel Signalfabriken (83 guestrooms) in Stockholm, as well as Story Hotel Studio Malmö (96 guestrooms) in Malmö, Sweden
- Park Hyatt Toronto (219 guestrooms) reopening in Toronto
- Thompson Hotels expected to open in U.S. destinations in 2021: Austin, TX; Buckhead, GA; Denver; Hollywood, CA; and Savannah, GA
The Unbound Collection by Hyatt
- Hotel du Palais Biarritz (139 guestrooms) reopening in Biarritz, France
- Commune by The Great Wall (175 guestrooms) in Beijing