INTERNATIONAL REPORT—New food experiences, beverage offerings and leaders are among some of the recent food and beverage happenings around the industry. Here are the details:
Wynn Las Vegas Offers Seasonal Food Experiences
Here are a few of the latest and upcoming culinary offerings from Wynn:
- Wynn Las Vegas’ new Sunday Jazz Brunchat Lakeside is complete with live Dixieland-style jazz and blues in front of the restaurant’s Lake of Dreams. Chef David Walzog’s brunch is loaded with sweet and savory specialties as well as seafood delicacies.
- Wynn offers A Night at the James Beard House, during which guests can experience the menu that Chef Mark LoRusso of Costa di Mare presented at the landmark New York City house. Available nightly, diners of the James Beard House menu will eat like some of the nation’s top food editors and critics.
- For a Thanksgiving feast, many of the property’s restaurants, either offered as holiday specials or prix-fixe menus, include Costa Di Mare, Jardin, Terrace Point Café, Sinatra, SW Steakhouse, Lakeside and Allegro.
- The various restaurants and bars within Wynn Las Vegas offer cooking and cocktail classes, such as a “Cocktails & Cookies” workshop, mixing up a variety of holiday cocktails that pair with expertly crafted sweet and savory cookies; a “Glories of Gin Cocktails” class with Las Vegas beverage legend Andrew Pollard; a family friendly “Treat Trimming Party,” where guests can create edible holiday ornaments with Executive Pastry Chef Patrice Caillot; and more.
Marriott’s Week of Blind-Tasting
Marriott Hotels has rolled out “Chefs Cut,” a one-week long culinary experience, that allows guests to go on a flavor-filled adventure and place their trust and their taste buds in the hands of the chef. Blind-tasting has been around for years, but “Chef’s Cut” will include an undisclosed menu and each meal will be hand-crafted by chefs for the individual. The menu will roll out at six Marriott Hotels around the globe from Nov. 5-Nov. 11.
Chef’s Cut menu will be available at hotels around the globe:
- Marriott Hotel Irvine Spectrum—Heirloom Farmhouse Kitchen
- Charlotte Marriott City Center—Stoke
- Marriott Hotel Grand Cayman—Anchor And Den
- Istanbul Marriott Hotel Sisli–The Dish Room Grill Restaurant & Terrace
- Bangkok Marriott Hotel The Surawongse—Praya Kitchen
- Cape Town Marriott Hotel Crystal Towers—Towers Restaurant
Ramada Invites Guests to ‘Say Hello to Red’
To bring to life the brand’s global presence and signature color, Ramada has teamed up with wine expert, author and prolific blogger, Jamie Goode, to craft a special red wine list which offers guests a taste of some of the many exciting destinations where Ramada hotels can be found.
Building on his expertise and passion for wine, Jamie has carefully curated an exclusive red wine list for Ramada, combining grapes from some of the world’s most renowned wine regions with lesser-known yet distinctive tastes.
The Ramada Red Wine List launches at:
- U.K.: Ramada Telford Ironbridge, Ramada Hotel and Suites Coventry, Ramada Hounslow Heathrow East and Ramada London North M1
- Italy: Ramada Plaza Milano and Ramada Naples
- Turkey: Ramada Tekirdağ, Ramada Uşak and Ramada Plaza Istanbul City Center
- UAE: Ramada Jumeirah and Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach
- Ramada Plaza Palm Grove Juhu Beach (India), Ramada Plaza Bucharest Convention Center (Romania), Ramada Resort Dar Es Salaam (Tanzania) and Ramada Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (The Netherlands)
Q&A Hotel Adds Grocery Delivery and On-Site Eatery
Q&A Residential Hotel, an extended-stay hotel by Furnished Quarters, has added grocery delivery and a new dining option. The new amenities are all found within the hotel’s building 70 Pine in lower Manhattan.
With a full-sized, fully equipped kitchen in each suite, guests can return to a stocked refrigerator by filling out a grocery order form and providing it to the front desk staff. Groceries are supplied by City Acres Market. In another food-related development for the hotel, fast casual eatery Blue Park Kitchen is now open at 70 Pine. Blue Park specializes in healthy food.
Washington School House Hotel Names New Executive Chef
Washington School House Hotel in Park City, UT has appointed Ryan Frye as executive chef. With more than six years of versatile industry experience, Frye has helmed the kitchens of Salt Lake City’s Avenues Proper Restaurant, Proper Burger Co. and Proper Emporium/Brewery holding roles as lead line chef and head pastry chef. Frye plans on updating the breakfast and private dining menus, as well as adding a new elevated children’s dining menu.
Hallmark Inn Hotel Adds New Executive Chef
Located in Davis, CA, Seasons Restaurant & Bar, adjacent to the famed Hallmark Inn Hotel, named Ryan Ellison as executive chef. Ellison brings with him a resume of Northern California stops, including stints as executive chef at the Fairmont San Jose, the Crowne Plaza San Jose Silicon Valley, Portola Kitchen and LB Steak. In his new role, Ellison will continue the traditions that have made Seasons a favorite destination for locals and guests alike; focusing on fresh ingredients and using the bounty of the region.
Banyan Tree & Angsana Lăng Cô. Appoints Area Director of F&B
Justin Wermers has been appointed as area director of food & beverage at Banyan Tree & Angsana Lăng Cô in Vietnam. In his position, Justin is responsible for the direction, planning and development of food and beverage operations at the eight dining and lounge outlets at Banyan Tree & Angsana Lăng Cô. With more than 12 years of industry experience, Justin spent two years as director of food and beverage at New World Saigon Hotel—first 5-star in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam.