MCLEAN, VA—Hilton has expanded its Latin America footprint with new deals signed in Central America, creating a pipeline of nine hotels across five countries and representing five brands: Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Curio Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn and Hampton Inn by Hilton.
The nine projects will deliver approximately 1,300 guestrooms, representing more than 10% of the company’s pipeline of approximately 11,300 rooms in Latin America, where Hilton has more than 70 properties under development, according to the company.
“Our team’s strategic focus on growing our presence in key Latin American markets and an increase in demand across Central America have contributed to our substantial growth in the region,” said Juan Corvinos, managing director of development, Mexico, Central America, Andean region and Hispanic Caribbean for Hilton.
The newest signing is the 130-room Hilton Guatemala City, which is expected to open in late 2018. The hotel will be situated alongside the Carretera a El Salvador, a major artery connecting the hotel to the main commercial and office districts of the city.
The additional properties include the following:
- The first Hilton property in Belize—Mahogany Bay Resort & Beach Club, Curio Collection by Hilton. Slated to open by year’s end, the resort will have 205 cottage and villa-style rooms.
- Gran Hotel Costa Rica, Curio Collection by Hilton: Expected to open in Q1 2018 in San Jose, the hotel will have 79 rooms and a signature restaurant.
- Botanika Osa Peninsula, Curio Collection by Hilton: Slated to open in 2020 in a tropical rainforest, the 176-room resort will offer an outdoor natural pool, fitness center and spa.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Jose La Sabana: Expected to open in 2020 in a mixed-use development, the hotel will have 132 rooms and suites, a health club and spa.
- Hilton Garden Inn Santa Ana in San Jose, Costa Rica, will have 138 rooms and 1,500 sq. ft. of meeting space when it opens in 2019.
- Hampton Inn by Hilton San Jose La Sabana: Opening in 2021, the hotel will include 150 rooms with 12 suites and offer 2,000 sq. ft. of meeting space.
- The 173-room Hilton Garden Inn Tegucigalpa will mark the debut of the brand in Honduras and is set to open in 2021 as part of a mixed-use development. It will have an outdoor pool and fitness center, as well as nearly 13,000 sq. ft. of event space.
- Hampton Inn by Hilton David: Set to open in 2019 in Panama’s Chiriqui province, the hotel will have 120 rooms, and entertainment and dining options, including a lobby bar, 24-hour market and access to a casino.