INTERNATIONAL REPORT—Total tourism and leisure industry deals for Q2 2020 worth $8.34 billion were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
The value marked a decrease of 59.7% from the previous quarter and a drop of 67.9% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $26.09 billion. In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 49% over the last four-quarter average with 177 deals against the average of 347 deals. In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $3.3 billion.
The top five tourism and leisure deals accounted for 69.4% of the overall value during Q2 2020. The combined value of the top five tourism and leisure deals stood at $5.79 billion, against the overall value of $8.34 billion recorded for the month.
The top five tourism and leisure industry deals of Q2 2020 tracked by GlobalData:
- Evolution Gaming Group’s $2.32 billion acquisition of NetEnt
- The $1.2 billion private equity deal with Expedia Group by Apollo Global Management and Silver Lake Partners
- Silver Lake Management and Sixth Street Partners’ $1 billion private equity deal with Airbnb
- The $876.42 miliion private equity deal with Sun International by Nueva Inversiones Pacifico Sur
- Broadscale Group, Ervington Investments- Cyprus, Exor International, 83North Venture Capital, Hearst Ventures, Macquarie Capital (Europe), Mori Trust, Pitango Growth, Planven Investments, RiverPark Ventures and Shell Ventures’ venture financing of Via Transportation for $400 million