DALLAS—At the 2018 G6 Hospitality Owner’s Conference in Puerto Aventuras, Mexico, G6 Hospitality executives honored 15 franchisees and partners whose contributions have helped strengthen and grow the enterprise with properties that continue to deliver clean, comfortable accommodations and great guest experiences. G6 Hospitality also revealed that year-to-date, 94 properties have opened under the Motel 6 or Studio 6 brands.
“We’re thrilled to honor the franchisees that go above and beyond to represent G6 Hospitality by offering a comfortable, affordable place to stay,” said Rob Palleschi, CEO. “We created the economy lodging segment more than 55 years ago. Today, we’re leading the industry into the future and that is in large part due to our top franchisees’ dedication and hard work.”
2018 categories and winners:
G6 Partnership: Presented to a multi-unit franchise partner who has signed multiple new Franchise Agreements with G6 over the past year which are expected to contribute to the growth and quality of the brands.
- Winner: Sam Patel, global management and investments (multiple Studio 6 and Motel 6 locations in Georgia)
G6 Hospitality Chief Revenue Officer Lance Miceli said, “Our multi-unit franchisees continue to contribute tremendously to G6 Hospitality’s growth and success. This year’s Partnership Award recipient, Sam Patel, has 19 open and high-performing properties. This year alone, he signed and opened nine locations, including four dual-brand Motel 6/Studio 6 locations. We value highly Sam’s commitment to helping us grow these brands.”
G6 Legacy: Presented to a multi-unit franchise partner who has been a brand advocate for over 10 years with a high performing portfolio and has made outstanding contributions to the brand.
- Winner: Sanjay Patel, Sanj Hotels (multiple locations in California)
Franchisees of the Year: Presented to franchise properties that go above and beyond expectations and have demonstrated excellence in all quality indicators, year-over-year revenue indicators and sales growth.
- Winner: Motel 6: Danny S. Taha, Miami
- Winner: Studio 6: Dinesh Patel, Sweetwater, TX
- Winner: Canada: Harvey Armstrong, Brandon, MB
Brand Champions: Presented to actively engaged franchise partners who understand what the brand stands for and are leaders among the franchise community.
- Winner: Motel 6: Harsh Desai, Vista, CA and National City, CA
- Winner: Studio 6: Samir Patel, New Braunfels, TX
Top Performers: Presented to the top franchise properties excelling in operational performance, year-over-year revenue and sales growth.
- Winner: Motel 6: Tino Patel, Winnie, TX
- Winner: Studio 6: Andy Patel, Port Arthur, TX
Guest Experience: Presented to franchise properties with the best online review scores, guest satisfaction surveys, LRA and CRN results as well as favorable reviews on the brand website.
- Winner: Motel 6 Guest Experience: Charles Bosselman, Grand Island, NE
- Winner: Studio 6 Guest Experience: Jayesh Jain, Muskogee, OK
Outstanding Renovations: Presented to franchise properties with a well-executed and on-time renovation that led to an updated quality product.
- Winner: Motel 6: Kunal Dave, Asheboro, NC
- Winner: Studio 6: Jayesh Patel, Merced, CA
Outstanding New Constructions: Presented to franchise properties that completed their construction in the best and most timely manner resulting in an exceptional product.
- Winner: Motel 6: Thomas Yenish, Mankato, MN
- Winner: Studio 6: Mahendra L. Patel, Buda, TX