MCLEAN, VA—DoubleTree by Hilton has further expanded its global presence after opening seven new hotels in the first quarter. The brand has seen substantial international growth in the last decade, and with these newly opened properties, DoubleTree by Hilton now has more than 560 distinctive upscale hotels in key destinations around the world.
In 2008, the brand began its global expansion with simultaneous openings of two properties in Costa Rica, and, at the time, operated 160 hotels. Ten years later, DoubleTree operates in 45 countries across six continents, providing upscale solutions to those in or traveling to key hubs around the world, with hotels such as the recently opened DoubleTree by Hilton Miami Doral in Florida and DoubleTree by Hilton Kocaeli in Turkey.
This year also marks 50 years since the first DoubleTree by Hilton hotel opened in Phoenix, AZ, in 1969. Today, as the brand celebrates its 50th anniversary, it continues to unveil new hotels in business and tourism markets around the world. Between January through March, DoubleTree by Hilton welcomed the following hotels to its portfolio:
- DoubleTree by Hilton Fairfield Hotel & Suites: This newly renovated hotel has 204 guestrooms and more than 16,000 sq. ft. of meetings and events space. Inspired by the honey bee, the hotel’s Nectar Kitchen + Bar serves up locally sourced seasonal menu items and gives back to the farming community to help with honey bee recovery through select food and drink purchases.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Eskisehir: Known for its natural hot springs, travelers visiting the northwestern city of Eskisehir, Turkey, can enjoy this hotel’s Whirlpool spa, indoor pool, salt and clay therapies and more. Guests can also take in the forest views while enjoying global cuisine at the hotel’s Vital Restaurant or enjoy Turkish tea or light refreshments in the Lobby Lounge.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Richmond Airport: Close to Richmond International Airport and its historic downtown, this hotel welcomes leisure and business travelers alike to Virginia’s capital. Beyond its heated indoor pool, 24-hour business center and 4,300 sq. ft. of meetings and events space, there is also all-day dining at Bistro and grab-and-go options from Made Market.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Lisle Naperville: This eight-story, 309-room Illinois hotel is close to historic downtown Naperville, IL, with many area businesses and popular attractions. For on-property dining, guests can dine at Thirty 0 Three, which specializes in contemporary cuisines. The hotel has 19,000 sq. ft. of meetings and events space.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Miami Doral: Located in the heart of the business district in Doral, FL—an area known for its cultural activities and adventurous dining—this hotel has 150 guestrooms and is the only branded full-service hotel in the area. Other amenities include an outdoor pool and terrace and dining options.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Jamestown: This newly renovated hotel is proximate to local hot spots in the heart of Jamestown, NY. Amenities include an indoor pool, fitness center and gastropub, Pearl City Hops Restaurant and Tavern.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Kocaeli: Located in the heart of Kocaeli, Turkey, the hotel has a spa with private treatment rooms, sauna and steam room, L’age D’or Restaurant and Chez Lui Gastro Pub.
In addition to new openings, several hotels recently completed multimillion-dollar renovations:
- DoubleTree by Hilton Nashville Downtown: This hotel is the largest full-service Hilton property in downtown Nashville, TN, with interior upgrades in all meeting and event space, guestrooms and suites. Specifically, the hotel converted 192 double and double-double guestrooms into queen and double-queen guestrooms, in addition to transforming 20,000 sq. ft. of flexible meeting and event space to reflect downtown Nashville’s country-chic ambiance.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel at the Entrance to Universal Orlando: This Central Florida hotel, a partner of Universal Orlando, has modern guestrooms and amenities close to local attractions. The hotel has recently renovated spaces, including Starbucks, the lobby, all guestrooms and 63,000 sq. ft. of flexible meeting space, in addition to its new gelato shop and splash pad for kids. There is also access to a Jr. Olympic-sized outdoor pool, 24-hour fitness center, gift shop, and more.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Orlando Airport: This property is proximate to local attractions and the Orlando International Airport. As part of the $10-million renovation, there is access to various renovated spaces, including the open lobby concept, restaurant, lounge, conference center and event space, fitness center and all guestrooms.