NATIONAL REPORT—Choice Hotels International Inc.’s Comfort portfolio is continuing to grow. With 10 new hotel openings in the last three months, the Comfort brand is on track to successfully execute its strategy of opening one hotel per week this year.
The recent Comfort hotel openings are located across the country, and include a mix of new-construction and conversion projects, including the following:
- Comfort Suites in Channelview, TX—70 guestrooms
- Comfort Inn & Suites in Independence, KS—53 guestrooms
- Comfort Inn & Suites in San Antonio—92 guestrooms
- Comfort Inn & Suites in Biloxi, MS—100 guestrooms
- Comfort Inn & Suites in Memphis, TN—92 guestrooms
- Comfort Inn & Suites in Edgewood, NM—70 guestrooms
- Comfort Inn & Suites in Junction City, KS—60 guestrooms
- Comfort Inn in Saulte Ste. Marie, MI—86 guestrooms
- Comfort Suites in North Charleston, SC—100 guestrooms
- Comfort Inn & Suites in Kemptville, Ontario, Canada—74 guestrooms
“Our development momentum demonstrates our commitment to have the Comfort brand lead in the upper midscale segment,” said Brian Quinn, vice president, franchise development, Choice Hotels. “We don’t just look at what our hoteliers need today, we also consider the long term, always providing franchisees with the tools to be successful for years to come.”
There are more than 1,800 Comfort hotels open across North America.