ROCKVILLE, MD—The Comfort hotel brand is set to open 56 new properties, which is approximately a new hotel each week.
“The success of the Comfort brands, a pioneer in the segment, reinforces that Choice Hotels is a leader in upper-midscale lodging. With the brand’s recent enhancements and strong operating performance, Comfort has never been better positioned for growth,” said Brian Quinn, VP of franchise development, Choice Hotels. “The Comfort brand meets the needs of both experienced and first-time hotel developers, with modern, relevant hotel prototypes that are cost effective to build, maintain and operate, contributing to a strong return on investment.”
The recent Comfort openings are located across the country in key regions, and include a mix of new-construction and conversion projects, including the following:
• Comfort Suites in Johnstown, CO – 92 guestrooms
• Comfort Suites in Brookings, SD – 100 guestrooms
• Comfort Inn & Suites in Kew Gardens, NY – 85 guestrooms
• Comfort Inn in La Porte, IN – 64 guestrooms
• Comfort Inn in North Aurora, IL – 84 guestrooms
• Comfort Inn in Dallas – 103 guestrooms
“Comfort Inn and Comfort Suites properties work in all types of markets—whether urban, corporate office park, airport and interstate locations,” said Anne Smith, VP of brand strategy, Choice Hotels.