ROCKVILLE, MD—Two years after launching Clarion Pointe, a midscale select-service brand extension franchised by Choice Hotels International Inc., the brand has opened its 20th hotel in the U.S. and now has more than 50 hotels open or in the pipeline. The milestone was marked by recent Clarion Pointe openings in Raleigh, NC; Savannah, GA; and Marshall, TX, as the brand continues its coast-to-coast expansion.
“Two years ago, we set out to create a hotel brand that combines elevated essentials with an affordable experience to meet demand from guests and franchisees—and their feedback has been overwhelmingly positive, as evidenced by how quickly we achieved this milestone, especially amid the current environment,” said Megan Brumagim, VP, brand management, design and compliance, Choice Hotels. “We look forward to establishing the brand in even more key markets around the country—including Louisville, KY; Salt Lake City; and Syracuse, NY—and putting a finer ‘pointe’ on affordable travel with a sharper, more connected stay for guests.”
Clarion Pointe expects to add more than 10 hotels to its portfolio this year, including these recent openings:
- Clarion Pointe in Raleigh, NC: The 91-room hotel gives travelers a taste of the city with floor-to-ceiling murals of the Raleigh skyline and downtown area. The hotel is close to North Carolina State Capitol, North Carolina State University, Raleigh Convention Center and Raleigh-Durham International Airport.
- Clarion Pointe Savannah Gateway I-95: The 75-room hotel is close to the Shoppes of Savannah, Armstrong Campus of Georgia Southern University and Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport.
- Clarion Pointe Marshall: The 85-room hotel is near Marshall’s historic district and nearby Caddo Lake, AT&T, Brookshire Grocery Company, Verizon, Walgreens and Walmart.
Clarion Pointe builds on the Clarion brand promise of creating social environments while transforming the hotel with a more modern guest experience. Clarion Pointe allows guests to optimize their stay with “focal pointes:”
- Contemporary design touches that guests will want to share with friends, such as signature murals in the lobby and guestrooms inspired by local points of interest.
- Thoughtful food and beverage selections, starting with a complimentary breakfast and coffee, all the way through craft beer, select wine and small bites available for purchase in the marketplace.
- Technology with on-demand connectivity including 49-in. TVs with casting capabilities and free, streaming-strength WiFi.
- Dedicated workout space featuring all the modern essentials, like cardio equipment and a strength-training station.
“Developers are raving about Clarion Pointe’s focal pointes just as much as guests. Not only do they help travelers make the most of every moment on the road, but they are a real differentiator for the brand and franchisees are bullish on its potential,” said Tom Nee, SVP, franchise development, Choice Hotels. “Further, Clarion Pointe affords developers the opportunity to reposition a limited-service property to appeal to guests of today and tomorrow.”