MCLEAN, VA—Canopy by Hilton, Hilton’s upper-upscale lifestyle hotel brand, is planning to open 20 hotels in 2020 across seven countries. The brand is set to nearly triple its portfolio, expanding presence to nine countries by year-end.
Canopy’s current and projected openings in 2020, which join the brand’s 12 existing hotels in China, Croatia, Iceland and the U.S.:
- Brazil: São Paulo-Jardins
- China: Hangzhou-West Lake
- France: Paris-Trocadero
- Mexico: Cancun-La Isla (opened Jan. 28)
- United Arab Emirates: Dubai-Al Seef
- United Kingdom: London-London City
- United States: Austin-Downtown; Baltimore-Harbor Point; Charlotte-SouthPark; Dallas-Frisco Station; Grand Rapids-Downtown; Jersey City-Arts District; Kansas City-Downtown; Memphis-Downtown; Philadelphia-Center City; San Antonio-Riverwalk; Scottsdale-Old Town; Tempe-Downtown University Area; Washington, DC-Embassy Row (opened Jan. 14); and West Palm Beach-Downtown
“We’ve received resoundingly positive feedback from guests who have loved their local adventures while staying in our 12 existing hotels,” said Gary Steffen, global head, Canopy by Hilton. “We are excited to create more of these authentic experiences with all that Canopy offers in 20 more vibrant neighborhoods this year.”
Growing Global Footprint
Prior to 2020, Canopy by Hilton opened properties in Atlanta-Midtown; Chengdu-City Centre; Columbus, OH-Short North; Dallas-Uptown; Ithaca-Downtown; Hangzhou-Jinsha Lake; Minneapolis-Mill District; Portland, OR-Pearl District; Reykjavik-City Centre; Washington, DC-Bethesda North; Washington, DC-The Wharf; and Zagreb-City Centre.
Beyond this year, the brand is working with local partners to develop hotels in neighborhoods across Bangkok, Boston, Cape Town, Chicago, Kuala Lumpur, Madrid, New Orleans, Riyadh, Toronto and more.