ATLANTA—InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) is celebrating the one-year anniversary of Avid Hotels with the reveal of the brand’s next wave of development.
Since the brand’s launch, IHG has:
- Signed 130 franchise agreements for Avid hotels across the U.S., Canada and Mexico
- Opened the first Avid Hotel in the Quail Springs suburb of Oklahoma City in August, just 199 days after groundbreaking
- Anticipated another 10 Avid hotels to break ground by the end of 2018
The next wave of Avid hotels to break ground include the following:
- Avid Hotel Fort Wayne – The 78-room, four-story hotel will be located close to area attractions such as Parkview Field Ballpark, local museums, historic sites, restaurants and shopping centers. In addition to the Avid brand’s hallmarks, the property will include an indoor pool. Expected to open in 2019, the hotel is owned by Vidhi 2 LLC.
- Avid Hotel Oklahoma City Airport – The 95-room, four-story hotel is expected to open in 2019. The property is owned by Champion Hotels, which also owns the very first Avid hotel in Quail Springs,OK.
- Avid Hotel Tulsa –The 95-room, four-story hotel is expected to open in 2019. It is also owned by Champion Hotels.
- Avid Hotel Monona –The 98-room, five-story hotel will be located within a mixed-use development that will include retail, banking, restaurants and offices. Expected to open in early 2020, the hotel is owned by Kinseth Hospitality Company.