ROCKVILLE, MD—The Ascend Hotel Collection by Choice Hotels International Inc. continues to rapidly expand with a specific focus on top markets.
“The Ascend brand is reinforcing its position of leadership in the soft-brand segment as we welcome many more exciting properties in great destinations around the country,” said Mark Shalala, VP, development, upscale brands, Choice Hotels. “Hoteliers continue to seek us out because of the high quality of our portfolio and the abundant resources that we provide. We look forward to even greater growth in top markets, as well as exceptional and sought-after leisure destinations.”
The soft brand opened 56 hotels globally in 2017, and there are now more than 250 properties open or in the pipeline. Ascend has strengthened its presence in high-barrier-to-entry and popular markets with the recent additions of independent upscale properties in San Francisco, Hawaii and Miami. The brand will also be adding several properties in Brooklyn, NY, to its portfolio.
Open and soon-to-be-opened Brooklyn Ascend Hotel Collection properties are located in different neighborhoods of the borough, each reflective of the area’s rich culture and history:
- Gowanus Inn & Yard—Located near Prospect Park, the Gowanus Inn & Yard hotel offers an industrial-chic stay with curated art.
- The LOOK Red Hook—The LOOK Red Hook hotel features design inspiration from the maritime industry with local photography and mermaid print wall vinyl.
- Union Hotel—Situated in a 19th-century brick-and-mortar building near the Brooklyn Bridge and Barclays Center, the property pays tribute to the factories and warehouses that built New York City.
- Insignia Hotel—The Insignia Hotel is a newly built boutique property located in the heart of Chinatown and features statement colors that bring to life the culture of its neighborhood.
- Baltic Huis—Located in a revived industrial building in the Boerum Hill district, the Baltic Huis hotel is a blend of the area’s rich Dutch heritage and includes hidden spaces like an underground coffee shop.
- Another property in Brooklyn will open soon on Flatbush Ave., and will feature modern amenities within its original structure, playing a part in the revitalization of its thriving neighborhood, according to the company.