ROCKVILLE, MD—The Ascend Hotel Collection, franchised by Choice Hotels International Inc., closed out the decade with a record-breaking development year in 2019. The brand executed 96 total contracts and added 76 new properties to its global portfolio of resort, historic and boutique hotels. According to the company, the milestone further cements Ascend’s status as the industry’s largest soft brand, with more than 315 current hotels open worldwide, and its continued growth in key markets across the globe, with anticipated openings this year in Brooklyn, NY; Orlando, FL; Europe; Australia; the Caribbean; and more.
“Choice Hotels created the ‘soft brand’ concept, introducing it to the hotel industry 12 years ago with the launch of the Ascend Hotel Collection. Since that time, Ascend has led the upscale soft brand space with the number of properties franchised globally, but also with the quality of the properties we affiliate and the breadth of resources we deliver to our franchisees,” said Mark Shalala, SVP, franchise development, upscale brands, Choice Hotels. “Our owners appreciate the ability to maintain operational independence while benefitting from Choice’s industry-leading technology and robust distribution channels, and with a global development pipeline over 100 hotels strong, we’re confident the brand’s strong value proposition will continue attracting developers’ interest worldwide while delivering the upscale experience our guests expect.”
Each member of the Ascend Hotel Collection is designed to reflect its surrounding community and deliver a one-of-a-kind upscale experience. Hotels reside in top destinations across the globe:
- Infinity Hotel SF (San Francisco, CA): Situated in the Marina District of San Francisco, the Infinity Hotel offers travelers modern accommodations with waterfront access and views of the iconic Golden Gate Bridge.
- Beaufort Hotel (Beaufort, NC): The 133-room Beaufort Hotel, set against the backdrop of the idyllic Carolina coast, offers exceptional design, modern amenities and southern hospitality and service.
- The Marquee (New Orleans): Located in the heart of New Orleans’ theater district, this hotel offers guests access to the best of The Big Easy and stylish accommodations, reflective of the city’s rich music and entertainment tradition.
- The Ridgeline Hotel at Yellowstone (Gardiner, MT): Situated one mile from Yellowstone National Park, the Ridgeline Hotel provides visitors with access to the park’s top attractions, along with several on-property amenities including an on-site restaurant and views of the surrounding mountain ranges from each guestroom.
- V8 Hotel Koln @MOTORWORLD (Cologne, Germany): Distinguished by its unique, automotive-themed interior design, this Cologne, Germany hotel features 112 tastefully designed rooms, each equipped with top-of-the-line amenities and infused with unique automotive artwork and furnishings.