BETHESDA, MD—Today, Aloft Hotels revealed the U.S. launch of the brand’s revitalized Re:fuel by Aloft food & beverage program, with a new breakfast format.
The refresh, developed in response to consumer needs and global food trends, includes the creation of 13 portable breakfast pots, which can be purchased at the 90-plus Aloft hotels in the U.S., with plans to roll the program out at Aloft hotels worldwide. Featuring on-trend food items such as poached eggs, avocado and quinoa, as well as perennial foodie favorites such as lemon ricotta pancakes, sweet potato hash and cheddar grits, the new Re:fuel breakfast pots are designed to give guests a balanced and fresh breakfast to enjoy on-the-go.
“Most Aloft hotels don’t have a full-service restaurant on-site, so we came up with this nontraditional approach to ensure our guests can still enjoy a hot, made-to-order breakfast before they leave for the day,” said Bridget Higgins, global brand director, Aloft Hotels. “Aloft Hotel guests are always ahead of the curve, and with foodie culture becoming more and more prevalent, we wanted to offer them something that felt relevant to them. The Re:fuel breakfast pots provide guests with a quick and easy way to get a fresh breakfast before a day of meetings or sight-seeing, all in a stylish, fun container that they can take with them on the go.”
Digital kiosks will be at the heart of the revitalized Re:fuel by Aloft program. Guests will place their order through kiosks, and their selection will be custom-made just for them. Each pot is labeled with its own whimsical avatar sticker, which also denotes the time the pot was created.
The new U.S. Re: fuel breakfast pots menu, which includes sweet, savory and vegetarian options includes the following:
- The Original: seasoned fries, poached egg, cheese sauce, bacon and scallion
- The Ranchero: black bean salsa, tortilla chips, avocado, lime sour cream, poached egg, cilantro, grape tomato and salsa
- The Goodness: grains, poached egg, avocado, goat cheese, grape tomato, cucumbers, basil, honey lemon vinaigrette and salt
- The Classic: corned beef hash, poached egg and scallion
- The Paleo: sweet potato hash, poached egg and scallion
- The Hearty: pork and bean base, poached egg, pepper and scallion
- The Protein: quinoa, mushrooms, kale, basil, grape tomato, turkey sausage, poached egg, lemon vinaigrette, salt and pepper
- The Lean Green: Brussel sprouts, kale, avocado, basil, poached egg, lemon vinaigrette, salt and pepper
- The Southern: cheddar grits, chicken pieces, sriracha honey, poached egg, honey and scallion
- The Classic Southern: cheddar grits, poached egg, shredded yellow cheddar, pepper and scallion
- The Sweet: mini pancakes, assorted berries, granola, maple syrup, mint leaves and lemon ricotta
- The Berry: overnight oat base, yogurt, fresh berries, granola, honey and mint leaves
- The Brunch: French toast sticks, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, icing, powdered sugar and mint leaves
- All of the savory pots have a poached egg as the base of the recipe.
Currently, the pots are only available in Aloft’s U.S. properties, but the refreshed Re:fuel concept will be rolled out to Aloft hotels in Europe, Asia, the Middle East and Africa in the future, where the program will be adapted to suit local cuisines and trends.
In addition to the pots, the new Re:fuel program includes a shakeup of the grab-and-go retail offering at Aloft’s properties, with an increased focus on fun, balanced, natural and locally inspired items. Products on offer at the Re:fuel grab and go will include Chameleon Cold Brew Coffee, Buddha Bowl Himalayan Salt Popcorn, Graze snack packs and Fairytale Fruit Gourmet Gum.