SAN FRANCISCO—By the end of the first quarter of 2019, Airbnb projects that there will have been more than 500 million guest arrivals in Airbnb listings since the company was founded in 2008, the company reports.
Other data recently released by the company include the following:
- Airbnb hosts and guests have left more than 250 million reviews.
- For the second year in a row, Airbnb was profitable on an EBITDA basis.
- Airbnb Experiences are now available in more than 1,000 cities.
- Airbnb continues to offer a wide range of unique accommodations. For example, on New Year’s Eve alone 2,574 guests stayed in castles, 1,031 guests stayed in treehouses and 121 guests stayed in windmills.
- To date, more than 300,000 companies are directly engaged with Airbnb to help manage their travel.
- Business travelers also are increasingly using Airbnb for shorter trips for which they may have booked hotels in the past. A year ago, the average trip on Airbnb for Work was six nights or more. Today, the average stay with Airbnb for Work is about five days, and the fastest-growing segment of trips is three nights or less.