Wednesday February 26th, 2014 - 10:38AM
Stay Well Lounge
LAS VEGAS—MGM Grand Hotel & Casino and Delos recently completed an expansion of the Stay Well room collection and introduced the new Stay Well Lounge, providing Stay Well guests a space for private registration and relaxation as well as an elevated level of service throughout their stay.
Encompassing the hotel’s entire 14th floor, the Stay Well collection now includes 171 rooms and suites, including a Skyline Marquee Suite. These accommodations include over 20 evidence-based health and wellness features, which allow guests to maintain their healthy lifestyle practices while on the road, whether for business or leisure.
“We introduced Delos’ Stay Well concept in response to guest feedback as well as current trends we were seeing in healthy travel,” stated Scott Sibella, president and COO of MGM Grand. “We knew the product would be a welcomed addition in this market, and are thrilled at how quickly word has spread about how you can have the Vegas experience without giving up your commitment to healthy living.”
The new Stay Well Lounge is equipped with an air purifier, dawn simulator alarm clock and aromatherapy. An iPad kiosk within the lounge features the new Stay Well mobile app designed to assist guests with a variety of wellness recommendations including how to reduce the effects of jetlag throughout their Vegas getaway.
The in-room Stay Well experience features:
- Stay Well Vitamin C Infused Shower: shower water infused with Vitamin C, which neutralizes chlorine to promote healthy hair and skin
- Stay Well Air Purifier: the HEPA-standard air purification system reduces allergens, toxins and pathogens, creating better air quality and breathing
- Water Purification System: reduces disinfectant byproducts, chlorine, pesticides and some pharmaceutical and personal care products for the cleanest, most purified in-room water
- Warm White Room Lighting: improves the body’s internal clock by assisting in the regulation of melatonin production and sleep/wake cycles
- Energizing Light Therapy: exposes guests to short periods of blue-shaded lighting to increase energy and reverse the effects of jetlag
- Stay Well Dawn Simulator: awakens the body gradually
- Circadian Dimmable Bedside Lighting: natural, warm-glow LED bedside lighting that can be customized to enhance sleep
- Nightlighting: LED lamps illuminate pathways at night without disturbing melatonin levels
- Black-Out Shades: supports the room’s jet lag recovery features by fully eliminating outdoor lighting sources to improve sleep quality and duration
- Healthy Mattress: an all-natural mattress made without harmful VOCs, toxic chemicals and off-gases, which provides posture support and comfort layers to diminish pressure points, reducing tossing and turning
- Cedar Baseboards: natural properties keep enclosed spaces fresh and dry
- Aromatherapy Diffuser: optional aroma infusion for Stay Well guests
- EMF Shielding: protects Stay Well guests from electrical equipment that emanates sleep-disruptive Electromagnetic Fields (EMF)
- WELL Shield: a photo catalytic coating applied to high-touch areas throughout the room and bathroom to break down bacteria, virus and VOCs on bacteria-susceptible surfaces
- Healthy In-Room Menu: offers a variety of healthy choices, most of which include natural organic ingredients rich in Omega 3—all available 24 hours a day
- Mini-Bar Amenities: includes yogurt-covered raisins, raw almonds and coconut water, among other healthy items