Gold Key Winners Honored
Monday November 12th, 2012 - 10:46AM V
| | | | | | | | | | |
These are shortcuts to your favorite social networking and bookmark sites. Add this story to your Facebook page, del.icio.us, DiggIt, and many others!
NEW YORK—The 32nd annual Gold Key Awards, celebrating hospitality design, were presented at the Mandarin Oriental hotel here, during a breakfast ceremony.
In addition, Herbert V. Kohler Jr., president and chairman, Kohler, and Pierre-Yves Rochon were honored with the Icon of the Industry award and Designer of the Year award, respectively.
The Gold Key winners are the following:
• Guestroom: Architropolis/ELK Collective for Dream Hotel South Beach in Miami, FL
• Guestroom - Midscale/upscale: BBGM for Melia Atlanta in Atlanta, GA
• Lobby/reception: One Plus Partnership Limited for Chongqing Mountain & City in Chongqing, China
• Lounge/bar: Rockwell Group Europe for W Lounge at W Paris-Opera in Paris, France
• Restaurants – Casual dining: Studio Arthur Casa for Alma Maria in Sao Paulo, Brazil
• Restaurants – Fine dining: Bentel & Bentel Architects for Le Bernardin in New York, NY
• Spa: Clodagh Design for Miraval Life in Balance Spa with Clarins in Tucson, AZ
• Suite: CCD/Cheng Chung Design Ltd. for Lijiang Pullman Resort & Spa Hotel in China
• Best Hotel Design –Midscale/upscale: Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group and Graven Images for Radisson Blue Aqua Hotel in Chicago, IL
• Best Hotel Design–Boutique: Rockwell Group Europe for W Paris-Opera in Paris, France
• Best Hotel Design–Resort: Rottet Studio for The St. Regis Aspen Resort in Aspen, CO
•Best Historic Renovation: HBA/Hirsch Bedner Associates for Hotel Alfonso XIII in Seville, Spain
•Judges “So Cool” Recognition: Jordi Puig for M/V Aria in Peru and One Plus Partnership Limited for Aix Arome Café in Shenzhen, China
Tags: • Hospitality • Trade Shows •
As we begin 2015, and what is expected to be a healthy year for the hotel industry with expansion, progress and innovation as key catalysts for growth, Hotel Business is right on board with that momentum, bringing you, with this issue, our own updated product.