Coworth Park Caters to Horsey Set with Equine Check-In
Wednesday April 23rd, 2014 - 8:55AM DJM
| | | | | | | | | | |
These are shortcuts to your favorite social networking and bookmark sites. Add this story to your Facebook page, del.icio.us, DiggIt, and many others!
ASCOT, BERKSHIRE, UK—Set among 240 acres, Dorchester Collection's luxury country hotel and spa, Coworth Park, has added The Ultimate Horse Check-In, a service designed for its equestrian guests.
Coworth Park is frequently home to some of the world's prized thoroughbreds and is the only hotel in the UK to offer polo run by Guards Polo Club and is frequented by jockeys and owners from around the world visiting Ascot Racecourse.
The program provides a holiday for horses with treatments to pamper and spoil, including:
* Assigned stable with a keepsake welcome card and personalized check-in (using guest collateral) taking dietary and bedding preferences for the horse into consideration;
* Personal name sign on the stable door;
* A welcome gift 'polo ball' from nearby Guards Polo Club, which manages the estate's polo grounds;
* Special arrival amenities such as a Himalayan Rock Salt Lick, Home-Made Horse Treats (made by Coworth Park's pastry chef Luke Frost using molasses, oats and honey), and home-grown carrots;
* Use of a Coworth Park Numnah (saddle cloth) made of 100% pure cotton for the horse's comfort;
* Equine manicure: hoof oil moisturizing treatment;
* Luxury post-ride bubble bath in Coworth Park's hot and cold bay with natural equine aromatherapy wash; and
* Relaxing aromatherapy oil muscle massage and rubdown by expert stable hands.
Coworth Park's five-strong equestrian services team are all British Horse Society qualified, and facilities include an all-weather canter track and equestrian accommodation with rubber matting, social stalls, a covered barn and bathing bays.
Equestrian at Coworth Park is home to horses for one-on-one or group lessons in basic riding, dressage, jumping and pony camps for both children and adults.
Standard equine check-in is priced from £35 (approximately $58) per day, and ultimate equine check-in is priced from £50 (approximately $83) per day (excluding VAT) and horses must be checked in with copies of insurance and passport including up-to-date vaccinations.
And for two-legged guests, Coworth Park features 70-rooms, an eco-luxury spa with indoor pool and three restaurants, including casual dining in The Barn, modern British cuisine at Restaurant Coworth Park in the Mansion House, and spa dining at the Spatisserie. The property is 45 minutes from central London and 20 minutes from Heathrow airport.
Tags: Coworth Park • Equine Check-In • Dorchester Collection • Hospitality • Guest Facing • Marketing/Promotions • Operational •
When you hear all the lodging industry projections for the months and years to come, much of the robust growth is forecast to be the result of the expected influx of travelers from China. In what could only be seen as good news for the industry, that expectation moved a little closer to reality when President Obama signed a visa waiver extension for Chinese travelers earlier this month.